I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Great Week!

Hello mother. I just came from san jose and picked up my package! Thank you so much! Those books look great. I’m super excited to read em and holy smokes there was a lot of candy in there!

As for mother’s day I still don’t really know. I’m sure we can call. I will call you on Saturday night to tell you when I will call Sunday since I got the phone cards. I will try and wait to be able to call after 2 but I don’t know if I will be able to. There are 2 others in the house that will call so I will put it in agreement with them.

Yeah! I heard he died (Osama Bin Laden) this morning! That’s fantastic. How great would it be to be the guy that finally took him out? I can’t believe I have officially missed an entire blazers season. It’s actually pretty sad.

Yes, the bishops wife does our laundry for us. The food’s fine. it’s always kinda weird and drenched in weird sauces. I ate oysters. I don’t really know if that’s interesting but I had never eaten them. It’s goin fine with Garcia. There’s really nothing I can do but try and enjoy the time with him.

Roberto and Andrea are great. She’s 20 and he’s 24 and they’ve lived together since she was 14 and he was 18. And this is super super weird, but Yanet has a friend that we we’re teaching named jeffery and we put a baptismal date with him for the 14th. I called him the other night to ask him how he was and said that he was super happy because his brother was getting baptized too and I said in what church? He said the Mormon church too and I said wait your brother is Robert?? and so we were teaching and getting ready to baptize 2 brothers who we met from 2 completely different sources and they’re getting baptized now together the 21st. Pretty weird.

Today we have to clean the house. President comes tomorrow to do interviews and inspect our house. We went to San Jose in the morning and went tie shopping.

But a funny thing happened the other day and it made me think of dad. Dad always told me the story from his mission of the little dog that chased him then died. Well the roads here are surrounded on each side by FATTY ditches everywhere so the streets don’t flood. And we were walking up a fatty hill toward the mountains and on each side there are like basically cliffs. This dog came running toward us barking annoyingly and I wasn’t going to but I played like I was gonna kick it and it got scared and fell back and went into a fatty ditch. I thought it was pretty funny and was similar to dad’s story.

What every you want to send is always welcome. jerky is always great and ticos are fascinated by it and have no idea what kind of black magic was used to create it. Other than that whatever is great.

Is Bernie still cute?

okkkk I’m out of here. I love you. Thanks again for the package! And for ordering the new camera.

pura vida elder graham

No comments:

Post a Comment