I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Week Seven in the MTC!

EMAIL

Hello!
Before I forget, would you forward my e mails to Dirk? I want to e mail him because it takes about a million years for him to get mail but i don't have time to really e mail him.

I got a few shots yesterday. It's all good. My arm's a little sore but it's no problem.

I feel fine although the dryness here is really getting to me. I have to use lotion and moisturizing stuff like every hour and I use the saline nose spray stuff a lot so that my nose doesn't dry out too much.

It's crazy that we've been here this long. We keep getting new districts in our zone and we teach them and they teach us. They are amazed by our spanish which feels good because I feel like my spanish learning has slowed down a lot. Its gotten a litle overwhelming to always remember every little spanish concept in every sentance I say. Every monday, wed, thurs, and sat, our district made a goal that we are not allowed to speak english all day which gets tough and brings many headaches but helps a lot.

Its crazy to thenk that if I was speaking english I would have been in the field for almost a month now.

Our devotional this week was good it was by Elder Snow of the 70. He talked about choices and how our whole lives are just a series of choices that got us here and to keep going were gonna have to continue to make choices to get to where we want to be. It was very interesting and a weird way of thinking about things.

We got a new teacher this week his name is hermano(brother) Pace. He's such a legit guy. He's only 22. He just got off his mission like 6 months ago in spain and we would honesty be best friends if I wasnt in the mtc right now. And if Allison lived here they would probably get married. When he was in spain he got to go to a soccer game so he was saying that I would probably get to go to a soccer game in costa rica if i really wanted to.

Thats awesome you guys are in 3rd Nephi. It such an amazing book. Im in 3rd nephi right now too and I've got my reading scheduled so i should finish the saturday before I leave.

Do you think that you could send a couple headbands in your next package? and if you could see if you can find my red long sleeve liverpool soccer jersey that says torres on the back? That would be great to have as well.

Do you know if jen got the letter I sent to her house last week? I thought they were not getting to portland till today! But anywho I love you and keep reading!

One week from today we should get our travel itineraries. Ill definately get a pic with my teacher before I go. I don't really care which headbands. Maybe the Blazer one if you can find it and an Oregon one if you can find one. I'm not sure exactly where they are.. But the ones I have are all black so any other color.

Yepp, every Friday at 7.20 we go to the temple.

I've got some stuff to send home that i'll send home in a few weeks, my basketball shoes and a few other things.

Elder Graham


LETTER dated 9/10

Mama' y Papa'

Hello.
I can't believe it's P-Day once again! It's not fair that the time is going by this fast. I've got too much to learn!

Elder Weber in my district, his parents were here this week. They were here because they're serving in Samoa and their meals schedule was the same as ours. So they ate with us every day. It was very weird and I know it was weird for him but it was cool.

Last Saturday was the BYU game and we had gym time during the game. We could hear everything. That was pretty tough, especially for the kids here who are obsessed with BYU. For me it was hard just thinking that Oregon was playing and I had no idea what was happening. I said I just need to know if we won by 40 or 50 and everyone was like, "yeah right." Then I got Dad's letter saying that we won by over 70, and it made me happy!

Last Sunday was fast Sunday and we had our Testimony Meeting. It was so cool. It was amazing how strong the spirit was.

The week bofore, I don't think I told you, but I had a talk. It was on faith and it had to be 100% in Spanish. It was pretty cool. I actually enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for the donuts and Gatorade! The donuts lasted about 20 min. before everyone finished them up.

I can't imagine how excited you were for Cohen and Molly to come stay with you! It must have been very quiet and lonely there! And I'm sure Jen loves having Grandma there to help.

Are you starting school soon?

In your emails could you have more questions on what you want to hear about? It's easier for me to get stuff out faster that way. Sometimes I blank on what to write and my time's running down.

I love you both very much and I appreciate all that you do for me.

Con Amor
Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment