I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28 - Arrival in Beautiful Costa Rica!!

Well I don't have a super long time so I can't make this 10 pages but I wish I could! I couldn't explain in words the place I'm in. Im looking out a window right now and i feel like I'm in a picture. This place is nothing like anything I've ever seen. When we came into Costa Rica we came out and President Galves was waiting there for us with his wife and one of the AP's. I had never seen such a big smile as he had when he saw us. He gave us each a huge hug and I completely forgot any spanish I learned in my life when he just said como esta.
We all piled into a bus that would confortably fit 5 and we had 15 in there. We went straight to the temple and we went on the grounds and it was so beautiful! Its sweet because its right in the middle of a neighborhood. President Galvez talked to us about how he took us straight here because this is the most important place for us to focus on getting people to. Then we all took pictures with him that I will send to you later.
Then last night we went to the mission office and filled out some paperwork and went back to the house and tried to sleep. At this time it was past 12 and we met the other new elders who are all from Honduras or El Salvador. They are theeee coolest kids. I love them all. They're all so silly.
Then this morning we got up at 5 and went to Pres Galves's home and had breakfast. We had delicious fresh orange juice, papaya, delicious pineapple and some guapinta which is rice and beans and it had some egg in it with a bunch of seasoning and it was sooo good.
Then after we went to a finger printing place to get finger printed and try to get legal here. Mondays will be my p day. Tomorrow I meet my trainer and go to my first area. I could drive around all day here and just look at what this place looks like, that it's all so cool and different. All the architecture is totally different. Its sooo humid here like seriously when we got off the plane we stepped into a sauna. It was fantastic.
I gotta get off but I will tell you about more when I can.

I love you
Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment