I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Week and Pavones Beach

 The worlds longest left break wave






silly sleeping baby on the beach


Hello mom, I feel like not much has happened since last time i wrote.  All last week nothing happened because there were no buses and no one was home. 

We went to Pavones beach today which is a world famous surf spot.  It has the second longest wave in the world and the world’s longest left break.  There were soo many surfers.  Almost all American and all amazing.  I talked to one guy from Israel that came all the way here to go surfing there.  We left in a microbus that we rented out with a bunch of members and we left at 4 in the morning and just got back.  It’s about a 2 hour drive. 
We had a lesson last night with two families explaining to them that they need to pay their tithing to get out of their financial problems no matter how impossible it may seem to be.  I realized last night how much i will miss doing things like that after the mission.  Being a 21 year old kid with very little real life experience talking to 2 grown men with families and telling them directly and boldly what they need to do to lead their families.  I’ve never been afraid to do it in my mission and i don’t really know why. I think back at a lot of lessons and thinking about it i think i don’t have the guts to say things like that.  Then i do. 

I’m out. Love you!
Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment