I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Damaris's Testimony


Last week we went knocking doors and contacting alll night and ended up getting lost wandering around. We ended up at 8:30 next to a baseball stadium and we went and looked to see if we could get in. The guard guy let us right in and we watched a professional baseball team practice. We figured out on a map later that night where we were, and not only had we left our area, but we left our zone!


Hello, I also mailed your Christmas package last Tuesday and they said that it would get there in 2-3 weeks so it should be all good before Christmas.

Instructions..
When you get it don’t open it. Just set it under the Christmas tree. On Christmas Eve when everyone’s there open it and give everyone their presents. They’re all more or less wrapped. Everyone can open them together and then read the letter that I put in there. Luke and Jenny and Jeffer and Gwen’s presents are in there so I don’t know what to do to get them to them. But there’s also a present for dads birthday as well as his Christmas present but he can wait till Christmas Eve to get it. Any questions?

Did you guys watch the Christmas devotional last night? So amazing….


Sooo mommm I did decide on one thing that I really want for Christmas... I really want the new Costa Rica jersey. But it’s like 60 bucks. And it would be way easier for me to just buy it since they sell it right here in San Jose.. :-)

On Saturday we had our ward mission Christmas activity. We planned for our whole district to come and sing but everyone bailed last minute so just me and elder Cherrington sang. It was decent. The biggest turn out we’ve ever had at an activity here.

Saturday Damaris's son is getting baptized. Her daughter and husband live in the area right next to ours and we started teaching them then sent the reference to the
other missionaries. But they say that they don’t like them so they want to come
to church in Paso Ancho and get married and baptized here. So maybe we will baptize them in the next few weeks but we will have to get special permission.

On Sunday Damaris stood up and bore her testimony, that was the first time I’ve seen a convert bear their testimony at a testimony meeting but she was crying and talked about when we first came to her house and didn’t understand how we could be so sure when we said the church is true. But she said that she stands before us testifying with all her heart and soul that she knows that it’s all true.

Thank you very much for the gift for Hermana Mena she will be very very happy.

Also on Sunday a less active member that we have been working with blessed her baby and asked me to bless it. So I blessed my first baby.

And I need to plan out with you guys this week or next the phone call on Christmas. I just got an email from President Galvez. I’m pretty sure it will be in the afternoon like 3ish my time. But I’ll have to plan with the elders in my house this week.


But I gotta go! Love you thanks for everything! Elder Graham


No comments:

Post a Comment