I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Kevin's Baptism

Kevin's Baptism

ohlay oh lay oh layyy
TICOOOOSS TICOOOSSSS.
Hey thanks mom for the jersey!
This is Gael. He is the cutest little boy and loves us so much. His mom says that in every prayer he says he blesses “Gren” and “Chempington.”
And he says he wants to be a missionary, so in church he came to sit next to me
and I put my name tag on his little white shirt and he looked up at me with the
biggest smile ever and just stared at it.

I can’t believe that Brandon (Roy) retired.... That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard. Does that
mean we don’t have to pay out his contract? Who are we gonna sign? Who can do even a tenth of what he did for us??

Well today we went up on a hike into Santa Ana which is just south west of San Jose. We went up a mountain to a soccer field that was way up there in the middle of nowhere and we played Ssccer. It was pretty good. It’s such a sweet field.

On Saturday Kevin, Damaris’s son got baptized. He showed up 2 hours late to his baptism. I
wanted to kill the kid. He had to work late. It was pretty good though when he did get there. He’s a good kid. The water in the font is always freezzzing cold. It’s just hose water basically.

Google Mormon message create Uchtorf and watch the video. It’s so sick. You have to watch that mormon message. I have watched it like 50 times and it gives me goosebumps. The most epic thing ever. Tell dad that for a present I want him to burn a dvd with as many Mormon messages as he can.

I heard today that any package that has food in it we have to go get it from customs ourselves. So the secretaries will call me when it comes in because I’ll have to go get it. Or if for some reason it gets through without me having to get it I will get it next Tuesday at zone conference.

The Christmas call is actually gonna be at 1 my time. So figure out for sure what time that is your time because it changes with daylight savings. I will probably get 90 minutes so you can figure out how the calls gonna be.

Didn’t Jacob go in before Christmas? And gets back after it? So he is gonna spend 3 Christmases on the mish??

Here’s an example of why it’s great to have elder Stevens in the house...So there’s a kid that is dating one of the girls that lives on the 2nd floor of our house and she’s 18 and he’s a 27 year old American and the weirdest kid ever. He served his mission in Iowa and said that he baptized 10 people and his Mission president called him John the Baptist so we always call him john the Baptist. Last week he came upstairs because they needed to borrow our chairs and so he came up to get them. When he came into our room he stopped and with 100% seriousness said “Wow, nice bunk beds.” Our bunk beds are the most standard thing you can have and he said it in the most serious taken back way. It was honestly the funniest thing I have heard in my mission and when he left I died laughing. And then when Elder Stevens came home I was dying of
laughter telling him the story and when I told him he died of laughter too. Other kids don’t find that kind of stuff funny but it really was maybe the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. So it’s great to have kids like that in the house.

I’m out.
Love you, Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment