I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Settling in to Paso Ancho

When Elder Amador was in the hospital





Pictures of our house


The hammock is so comfy!


Hey there mom. This week we have just gone through Paso Ancho trying to meet all the members and figure out our way around there. I’ve gotten pretty good at that since it’s my 3rd time now. But it’s super weird to be in my own ward here. I’ve had to be in a 4 missionary ward since I entered Moravia so it’s nice to have an entire ward to work with. The members seem pretty good. They have a weekly schedule for food and we have a different family every day that feeds us lunch.



As far as being a district leader so far I’ve just had to work with the district’s numbers and I’ve had to receive nightly reports from the missionaries in my district. It is super weird feeling for me because I’ve never had to give someone a nightly report. I was junior comp in Cariari then when I went senior comp I lived with my DL in Moravia and in don Bosco so I just chatted with them every night about what happened in the day. Since I’ve never called and given a nightly report, I didn’t even know what I really have to ask or talk about. But it’s all coming along.



It might be good that the dishwasher died. Now you get to do it the way the ticos do it. No one in this country has a dishwasher. Not even the really really rich people. They literally don’t exist.



I’m not really sure how Alfredo is doing. I didn’t get to say goodbye to anyone in don Bosco and I haven’t seen anybody from there since last Monday.


That’s crazy about aunt Jan.. holy smokes. And do you know what’s even crazier then Jacob coming home in 3? I’m coming home in 10...

No comments:

Post a Comment