I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Errand of Angels is Given to Women in the Relief Society

Alberto, Irene, Gloriana and Elder Graham
Alberto, Elder Graham, Gloriana, Irena and Elder Reinoza




After the baptism all these kids grabbed us to play soccer

and it started pouring down rain


Hey there mom. Well. Irene the rich single mother that we were teaching got baptized last week with 2 of her kids. I just felt like they needed to get baptized even though they only had one time at church so we went and challenged them last Wednesday to be baptized and because I’m your son J they accepted and I just had to call and talk to president and he said that if they pass the baptismal interview then they can get baptized. So we went on with it for last Saturday and Friday she was hit with some complicated house stuff and had to move on Sunday. So we had the baptism on Saturday, confirmation on Sunday, and then Sunday afternoon we helped her pack up and she’s already gone to Alajuela. So the good news is we finally baptized her. But the bad news is she’s already gone. But I know that’s why I had the impression to make it happen last week. Because if she didn’t get baptized here, then it is too tough to have the transition with houses and missionaries and she may not have gotten baptized.

But the best part was on Sunday she told the women in relief society about how she was leaving that day and how it was all of a sudden and she had 3 hours to pack up her entire house. So after church about 15 sisters from the ward came with us directly from church in their skirts and everything to her house to help her. The majority didn’t even know her and she was leaving so it really didn’t matter to them if they helped because they never have to see her again. But that mob of sisters entered that huge house and just started going packing without asking any questions. They made Irene sit down and not help because they said that moving was too stressful and that she needed to relax. I went and talked to her and she was crying and told me that even if she hadn’t received an answer that the church was true that that was enough for her. To see the charity that the members of the church have and how there is no other group of people on the earth that are sweet enough to do that.

I feel fine. After taking the antibiotics I’m good. I went and got the package today and I’m wearing the new shoes now! They’re perfect! But I don’t know how to make the herbalife mix. What do I do? Someone at an activity stole a 20,000 colon bill from me which is like 40 bucks so if I take some money out of my account to cover me until I get money Friday? I’m literally completely out of money because of that.

If at all possible, I could use some more socks. Over this year in the field the ladies that have washed my clothes have managed to lose a good number of them.. And I’m in need of wool ties if you are in the business of looking for ties. I love brown…
People always talk about how tall I am and all talk about how I’m American. People here don’t really like us. People aren’t nearly as friendly here as in my other areas especially not as friendly as in Cariari. But people just don’t like Americans in general. People yell at me almost on an hourly basis to go back to my own country because they don’t need Americans here. With plenty of bad words mixed in. It’s a little annoying. You get used to it though. The other night a bum lady followed me for like 20 blocks and kept telling me to kiss her and was grabbing me and I kept yelling at her to not touch me and to go away. She started screaming and making a scene so we dipped out. But the bum and crazy people situation here is just way too outrageous. At first it was a little amusing but I just get sick of it. Ever 5 minutes people are begging me for money and following me saying that I’m not of god because I don’t give them money.

But I gotta go. I love you.

Elder Graham







No comments:

Post a Comment