I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 13, 2011

More Weddings Coming Up!

Hey there. Things have been going pretty well here. We finally got to really talk to Jeffery and Yanet and we’re getting them married as soon as possible and he is getting baptized on the 25th. But I’m going to see if I can get him in the water this weekend right after they get married. They don’t want anyone to know about them getting married so they’re going to have the lawyer come to their house just to sign the papers and they’ll be married. The biggest problem is they need to find 2 witnesses to be there, and they haven’t decided who because they don’t want anyone to know.

We have been working with a family, Freddy and Celina. They’re getting married and baptized on the 25th. They used to live in Cariari and la Rita and they know a ton of the members there. They received the missionaries 12 years ago. They’re super silly and very proper. And after these two weddings I will have SIX weddings in my mission. That’s just a sign of how well they keep the law of chastity here.

Elder Gonzalez is pretty good. He’s really silly and doesn’t stop talking which is kind of nice. It’s nice to have a companion who is friendly and happy.

That makes me happy that Miami lost. I’ll have to talk crap to my bishop. He’s another bandwagon fan. Last night Costa Rica lost to Mexico 4. Picture what I’m like after the blazers lose in the playoffs or when USA lost in the world cup. Now picture an entire country. EVERYONE wore a Costa Rica jersey yesterday and everyone was excited all day. Until night time on the way home I noticed that everyone looked like they wanted to kill themselves. I didn’t even have to ask. It’s tight how united they are as a country when they play. I wish people in the US were cool like that. Not just me and Adam and Stephen in the playroom getting excited. It was tough going to church the next day after losing to Panama. I’ve gotta talk to bob and get that team into shape.

Ok I’m out. Love you. Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment