I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 20, 2011

"An Image to Remember"

Marriage of Jeffery and Jeanette (Yanet)




Moravia Missionaries with Jeffery- a happy day!


Elder Graham - Witness at Wedding



Jeanette, Jeffery and Elder Graham





Andrea, Roberto, Jeffery and Jeanette



(Roberto baptized his brother Jeffery)



Celebrating at Taco Bell




Welll this week was crazy. On Tuesday morning I called the lawyer to get Jeffery and Jeannette married and asked him the soonest he could get them married. He said that he could come and do it that night. He just needed all their information, including their social security cards and those of the witnesses. So we ran around getting everything set up and had to go to his office in San Jose to get it to him. They only had one witness so I was the other! So in a matter of about 10 hours we got them married.



We had a little wedding for them in their house where the lawyer came and did the whole shabeel. It was surprisingly nice. I did feel bad for them because I see the difference in the wedding that Allison will have and it will be her dream wedding and take like 8 months to plan. They got a wedding set up in 10 hours where not a single member of their families was there. Just me, Elder Gonzalez, Juan Carlos, Jeannette’s 6 kids and the two of them.



But since they got married last week, Jefferey got baptized on Saturday! And it was awesome because Roberto (Jeffery’s brother who was baptized 2 weeks ago) got to do it! It was a super amazing thing to see the 2 brothers together. After he was baptized, as they were getting out of the font on the steps, they were both soaking wet and they started crying and hugged each other. That is an image that I will remember for the rest of my life.



The baptism was scheduled for 5:00, but Costa Rica was playing Honduras in the gold cup and the game went into overtime, so no one got there till 630 and we didn’t actually start until 7. After the baptism, Jeffery, Roberto, Jeannette, Andrea and all of us went to taco bell to celebrate. It was great.



And in case you were gonna buy me those shoes I bought a pair of running/ random p day activity shoes so don’t worry about it.




And I would like to ask the whole family a grand favor. Sooo I had to pay for the lawyer of their wedding last week and I’m going to have to take money out again this week to pay for another wedding.. And I don’t have a TON of money.. So I was wondering if the family would be willing to donate a little to a good cause. I call it the ¨Building forever families fund¨ If everyone in the family put in a little bit of money it would almost pay for it. If everyone put in 5 dollars It would really really help these people. We were born into a forever family and don’t understand the blessings we’ve received. So it’s our turn to skip a taco bell meal and put it into the building forever families. :) Please.



The reason I’m here so early is because Jeffery is taking us up to the mountains today. It’s gonna be super sick. It’s about as thick of jungle as you can get. He grew up out there and he says he can almost guarantee that we will see monkeys today. He said that there are always toucans there and that he’s seen pumas and explained to me some weird animals that I’ve never heard of. So we will see what we find! I’m super jacked and you will for sure get pics next week.




Ok so I went to the post office that I sent the package from to figure out why it was sent back and what I could do to get it sent. And I have to spoil the surprise for the sake of the story butt It was returned because I sent a machete in it for dad. When I sent it, she asked me if it had guns or liquids and I said no. I didn’t know that I couldn’t send a machete. Soo First off they were going to charge me for the price of the return here. And then charge me again to send it to you guys. I already paid over 50 bucks, and they wanted me to spend over 100 dollars more to get it sent. I flipped crap on them because it was their fault. She didn’t tell me that I couldn’t send it and I said I wouldn’t pay them and that they were going to ship it. The lady said she couldn’t so I did moms trick of saying “ok let me talk to the manager.” I talked to the manager and he said that there’s nothing they can do for me. I then said let me speak to your manager. And he called his manager and gave me the phone. After talking to the guy’s manager, the manager talked to the guy that was there. The guy at the post office got really mad and said fine. They repackaged the package and took out the machete and shipped it free. So after about an hour of ¨theres nothing we can do¨ they did something. It’s good to see that that’s not JUST the usa philosophy of customer service.

Well I’ve already gotta go. But dad’s present was the machete and a leather holder carrier thing. The leather carrier thing is still coming but the machete I had to take out.



I love you. keep it real.
Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment