I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, February 28, 2011

BIG changes!!!!!!!

This is a family of recent converts in La Rita. we went and played soccer with them last week. he plays professionally on a 2nd division team here. He's sooo good.

Ronald, Rachel and Yermy


Hermana Pasita and Me. My special friend!


The only picture I have of Elder H


Well mother. I think that all your prayers and mine worked. Wednesday night late in the night President Galvez called us and wanted to talk to my companion and I just heard Elder H. stuttering and trying to explain what we’ve been doing. He was saying welll I haven’t felt well this week so I’ve been trying to rest and then he eventually broke down crying saying that its true he has been breaking all the mission norms and that he hasn’t been doing anything. I have talked to everyone and no one told president anything. In all honesty he received revelation and knew he needed to call us. He told Elder H. if he wants to stay this way doing nothing he will arrange for him to go home now so that he’s not wasting all our time, and he responded that he wants to stay here. They were on the phone over an hour and from now on, he has had to wake up at 5 every day to make up for the extra sleep he got and he has to call president every morning and every night giving him a report of what we have been doing that day. And to finish out the change he made me senior companion.

So a few days passed and then we arrive to this morning. This morning Elder H. called to have his morning check up and President Galvez gave him a little news about me. This Wednesday I have to be in San Jose because I have changes. I was taken very very by surprise by this. I have been getting mentally prepared to finish my mission here but I guess I will see more of Costa Rica. I’m half excited, half sad and half nervous. I’m not sure where I’m going. It could be anywhere in the country!

That’s legit about L Tom Perry! I wish I could have been there to meet him and that’s awesome what he said about the baby! You guys are famous! And great advice from the other authority!

Taco bell was amazing!! It’s exactly the same as in the US except a little more expensive and the menu is about half the size of the one in the states. But they do have fries and nacho fries that are pretty good.

I hope that I will be able to e mail on Wednesday but I’m not really sure. There are 6 new gringos coming into the mission. There’s a bunch of changes happening to get them all settled in so they’re also opening 3 new areas. I’ve already got a lot of time in my area and if I didn’t have changes now I’d be having a lot of time all together here.

Alright I think it’s about time to go. Quote of the week: Luis-¨were poor¨ José-¨Luis, poor is the people who don’t have the gospel.¨ words to live by.

I love you. I’ll let you know where I am as soon as possible

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment