I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, February 7, 2011

La Rita

"hey thanks elder grahams dad¨
Jose and Luis with the soccer ball that Dad sent me and I gave to them

These are the families of converts I had in Cariari.

I love these people!



First off the computer I’m on is retardedly slow and I know I’m not going to have time to write back to everyone who wrote me but thanks everyone who wrote me! because everyone did! I really do appreciate it and I feel bad that I won’t have time to write you all back.

Good news! Remember Dayana? Well she was confirmed and is on the path to enduring to the end!!


In church I had a wonderful surprise when Hermana Pacita showed up just to see me and wish me a happy birthday and bring me candy and a card from her family. You need to know what a sacrifice that is for her to come all the way out here. She hates to leave her house and especially to come all the way out here. But other than that no one even knows it was my birthday and to be completely honest I completely forgot until Hermana Pacita came.

The box score signed by Mike and Mike may be the best present I’ve ever received. The pen is wonderful and the scripture markers also. Everything was perfect. I’ve already gotten good use out of the Calle soccer ball and I already gave the other one away to Luis and Jose. You should have seen the ball that they had before. And every time I pass by their house now they are outside playing with that ball I gave them.

This morning we went to Cariari to play soccer with Elder Bernuy and his comp and those families of recent converts we had. It was so great to see them they all came running when they saw me and all started hugging me. We were walking through the downtown Cariari and I started to cry. I wish I could explain to you how much i love that town and those people. It’s crazy how different everything is when you change companions. He kind of babies me and he doesn’t really have me do things and with Bernuy I had to do everything.

Alright I have to go unfortunately. I’m sorry that the computer is so lame today. I love you and I really am thankful for the wonderful e mail you sent and for all the wonderful e mails I got today. Tell aunt Etie that I’m sorry I couldn’t reply and that I love her too.

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment