I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last week was the wedding and baptism of Kendal and Idalia in Cariari. They were the first appointment I had in my mission and I have been working with them ever since. And now the week after I leave he gets baptized and married. But it was great to be there and see them so happy together.
This past week has been pretty tough. I’m with a companion who has absolutely no desire to do anything. He sleeps till almost 1 everyday and then wants to go to members’ houses to watch movies. It has been ridiculously frustrating and I really don’t know what to do. I get up and study by myself every morning while he sleeps. When I can get him into a house to try and teach a lesson he just sits back and doesn’t say anything. Yesterday we had a district meeting in the morning and we got back at noon. We went to lunch and then he went back to the house and slept until 630. I don’t know what to do; I would like to call President Galvez, but there’s really nothing to do about it because he goes home in a month anyway. I would love to have something to report but I haven’t been able to work this past week.

My converts are doing well and this week, I’m thankful for my family and for my sister who is preparing to be a missionary. I am thankful for the interest I have obtained in studying the scriptures and church doctrine books because it gives me something to do all morning. And the good thing I see about my companion is that he goes home in a month and will be replaced with someone with a desire to serve the lord.

Well I gotta head out. We’re going to taco bell!

I love you! Tell Allison I’m proud of her.

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment