I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sometimes It's Sad to be a Missionary

Oh boy. So I got some big changes. I’m in La Rita. They divided my area so I’m just in la Rita now. We searched all last week for the house and now I’m here. Not gonna lie I have been pretty disappointed about the change. I’ve really grown to love Cariari and if I had to leave I want to actually leave. La Rita is pretty small and I feel like I’ve knocked every door here and I really don’t know what to do. Cariari was going really well and we were having a ton of success and then I am put here and we really have nothing.


I had to go say goodbye to everyone there. Last night I went to say goodbye to Hermana Pacita. I didn’t cry when I said goodbye to my family but I cried when I said goodbye to her. She was crying really hard and I was having a really tough time leaving her. It was also super hard to say goodbye to Miguel angel and Benita’s families. They were all crying before I even got there because I called them and told them before. I was there for about 4 hours saying goodbye and they wouldn’t let me go.


My new comp is elder Hernandez. He’s from El Salvador. He’s not bad. I know that I need to learn from all my companions but I’m just looking forward to the time the lord says I’ve learned enough and gives me a companion that I can be good friends with. He’s already served here in la Rita and this is the last change of his mission he goes home in 6 weeks. This means I’m guaranteed to be here at least 3 more months....

We do have someone to cook for us. I don’t know if I’ve told you about our mission leader here Gustavo but it’s his sister who cooks for us. She’s really great so that should be good.

I got my birthday packages last week and I’m not gonna lie I already opened everything. I thought I would have changes and I wouldn’t be able to carry it all with me so I opened it all last week. And wow that package was full of the greatest stuff! That Timbers jersey really is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. It’s the best made jersey I’ve ever seen. Best quality, design, style everything. It says no pity pdx on it. So great. and the Saprissa jersey too! Everything was perfect! Thank you all soo much! I got Luke and Jenny’s. And the calendar from Tracey in your package.. But she told me she sent me a Christmas package before Christmas and that still hasn’t arrived. The chips were still good and I’m still in the process of eating everything.

Unfortunately I accidentally left my camera at Jose’s house so i can’t send pics today but I have some to send next week! Don’t you worry. Your talk sounds great! Good job! and I’m sorry your sick! Are the blazers still on a winning streak?

alright i gotta go. I love you keep it real.

elder graham

No comments:

Post a Comment