I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Loving Moravia!

No pics this week. I never have my camera on me anymore

Hello mother! So yes, today was changes so that is why I’m writing you today. 2 of the elders in my district and in my house got changed so it should be fantastic from here on out!

Things have been coming along slowly but surely. Elder Cabrera get along really well and he is the first comp I have had that likes to do silly stuff.

Just got done at taco bell and there was a family of gringos trying to order and freaking out at the lady and making a big scene because no one understood each other. Their problem was that it says on the sign that they accept dollars but the lady there was trying to explain that they do accept them but they don’t have dollars in the till to make change. It would need to be in colones. When I walked in there was a big scene and everyone grabbed me and told me to interpret and fix it. So I interpreted and ordered for their whole family, then the family bought me food. But the gringos here are so retarded. They think that its rude that people here don’t speak English. Could you imagine a Latino making a scene at a taco bell in the states because the workers don’t speak Spanish( that was completely hypothetical because all the workers in the states do....) But Americans are way too arrogant.

Yanet and her kids are so cool. They’re cruisinnnnn. They couldn’t come to church because it was stake conference and it was kinda far away. We’re also teaching a lady named Sandra. She is suppperrrr hardcore in her church and she is a teacher of baptism there. But we’ve been teaching her and we don’t have a baptism date but we’re progressing with her.

Last week there was a group of teenagers skateboarding trying to gap a 5 stair set and I came up and asked if I could try and they started freaking out with excitement that a gringo in a tie wanted to skateboard. I went and hit it first try and they all started screaming and jumped on me. I wish more than anything I had a picture or video of it.

I received a letter from you, the one you sent on march 2nd. And you said that nick bought a brand new car and that you would wait until he tells me about it. Don’t ever do that! I have been freaking out wondering what it is! And he still hasn’t told me anything! What is it!? And how’s my car?? Can someone send me a pic of my car????

The new Elder is a gringo and I haven’t met him yet and the other is from El Salvador. And I don’t ever have pictures because I can’t carry my camera around with me.. but Today we are gonna go kill a fatttyyy hen? I’m not sure what it is called in English but it’s like a fatty rooster like 4 feet tall. So I’ll take pics and videos of that to send to you! I’m sure you will love em!

Elder Cabrera hasn’t ever received an e mail or letter in his mission and on Christmas his family didn’t answer the phone. Only he and his mom are members and she is super inactive. He went to the mtc in
Guatemala. He got to the country the same time but I have 6 more
weeks in the mission because I had more time in the mtc.

This Saturday at 9 in the morning is Yanet’s and her kids’ baptism.

I made the greatest purchase today. And I think I may send it home. Costa Rica has a new national stadium and for their first game they’re playing against Argentina. You have NO idea how big of a deal this stadium and game is to these people. It is a super legit stadium. For the first game they have a special edition jersey and I just bought it. It’s soo legit but it will probably be a tico collector’s item for some time to come and I don’t want to worry about it so in the coming months there may be a package coming home with that and some surprises for the fam!


Ok I’m off now! I love you keep the dream alive!

pura vida

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment