I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Missionary Work in the Big City: Moravia

Overlooking Upper Moravia



Hey there! Things are coming along a little bit here. We came into downtown for p day.

We started out here with 0 investigators. Then on Sunday we had 10 in sacrament meeting. The best one we have is named Yanet. She is probably in her low 30s and is single with 6 kids ranging from 3-12. She recently left her abusive husband and lives alone with her kids now. She’s super awesome and we are working for her baptism the 19th of this month. But we’ve got to work with her quitting smoking.

The area is good and all the members are super cool. It is really cold though. I’m fine though. I bundle up with my blankets.

We are finding our way around much better now. Elder Cabrera is cool he is pretty laid back. He just gets really discouraged over nothing. I was just sick in the beginning getting used to the different climate.

Our lady who cooks for us: her husband is Guatemalan so between them we eat different random Costa Rican and Guatemalan food.

There are some random lizards in places but not nearly as much as out where I was.
The houses here are soo weird. They’re the oddest shapes and they just fit them into the weirdest areas. If there was a small corner around a building with nothing they build a house. I’ve seen ones that are like 8 ft wide and super long. It’s weird.

Your Sunday School class sounds pretty good. (Marital and Family Relations) I would like to come listen to what you have to say. I have to give marital advice everyday and I don’t know if you knew but I really don’t have any experience in that department.

The difference in teaching in this area is just that no one here wants to listen to us. We contact families in the streets all day and no one wants to listen. Its a lot more discouraging here than out in the boonies. And people actually work so there’s not many people that we can visit before 6 at night.


I gotta go. I love you

pura vida

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment