I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 It's Gonna be a GREAT YEAR in Costa Rica!

Baptism in River in Puerto Viejo



Hangin' with Warner.
And if you were wondering who he was going with next week,
he's goin' the O all day!





Last Friday we went to Puerto Viejo For New Years Eve and it ended up being just me and Bernuy and Malan and his comp in p vo . We had some delicious food from the family who cooks for them and I got to hang out with their family who are the greatest. Then that night we set up a fatty fatty indoor 1 on 1 soccer tournament in their house and it was pretty intense. then the whole town went nuts at midnight running around the streets and lighting off fireworks. It was pretty intense. The next morning we went to their baptism and they baptize in a river because they don’t have a chapel out there so that was sweet to see. I like hanging out with Malan in p vo. He’s a good guy.


As for investigators we have Maritza whose son is 11 and a member and I’m not sure why or how he became the only member in his family. But we started teaching his mom a month or so ago and she has been golden and is getting baptized the 15th. That should be pretty good. Also on the same day José is going to baptize his 13 year old brother Luis. So I’m really excited for that! And we found a inactive family in Cariari a month ago and we have activated them and they have a 12 and 13 year old sons that will be baptized on the 15th too. So we’ve got 4 baptisms coming up.

It’s starting to get a tad less stressful doing everything here. I’ve learned a ton about how to teach. And how to teach lessons on the spot without preparing anything for members and such after an appointment falls through.

We didn’t get to go out into the jungle today because we have our zone activity. Right now I’m with my whole zone in Limon and we're gonna go play soccer on the beach or something like that. So I should have pictures from that next week.

I love you! I gotta go! Tell everyone I love them!
Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment