I have been called to serve for 2 years in the Costa Rica San Jose Mission as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week One in the MTC!

Hola mama. Today is my first P day but only because its my first week. Every other week my P day will be on Fridays. My companion is Elder Willis He is from a town by San Diego and he is going to Nicaragua. He is really cool and I feel like I have already known him even though its only been 3 days. There are 2 other elders going to Costa Rica in my district and they are both way cool. In the past 3 days my knowledge of Spanish has doubled. It is really weird how I thought I had forgetten a lot of Spanish but everything I learned in high school has already come back to me and so much more that I didn't think I even knew. Me and my roomates/companion pretty much only speak in Spanish. We all decided that every Tuesday the entire day we are not allowed to speak English we just have to figure it out in Spanish. When I think I am always thinking and trying to translate everything I hear into Spanish it is difficult for me to even write this because I wanna just keep working on Spanish. The food here is suprisingly good there are always a million options to eat and it is all very quality food. There is also lots of fountain drinks, juices and milks. They have Coke but its only caffiene free which I thought was funny. My district has 12 Elders in it and they are all going to either Guatemala or Nicaragua other then me and the other companionship going to Costa Rica. Every Elder in my distric is awesome. There is not one that I don’t love or wouldn’t want as a companion. My teacher has told me many times that I need to move to a more advanced class for my Spanish but I would have to change companions, districts, rooms, everything and I definately dont want to do that. Almost everyone in my district plays soccer so for gym time we all play together and we destroy everyone. Its tons of fun. I am loving life and loving being here and training to head out to Costa Rica and I know I’m not ready to get there, but I am so excited for when I am. Everyone should use dearelder.com to write me things. It doesnt have to be long at all but it’s so easy and really fun to get things from that. And letters arent bad either.I will send pictures next Friday. I haven’t had time to take any but I will be sure to send pictures of me and my companion and me pointing at the big map at Costa Rica and all the cliche pictures.My knowledge of the gospel has gotten so much stronger in the past few days. I know that I am where I need to be and I know that there are people waiting for me in Costa Rica. I wrote a letter home talking about an immunization record that I need. It should come in the next few days hopefully you can figure out what I need because I definately have no idea. Tell everyone that I love them and miss them very much. I don’t have time to write everyone . I only get 30 minutes every week to do so. I felt a little rushed with some of my goodbyes. And tell them it will probably be much easier for me in the mtc to respond in e mails then letters so have everyone e mail me. There is a printing place here that shrinks and laminates patriarchial blessings down and laminates them so i got that done I dont need you to get that done. I need to go put my laundry from the washer to the dryer to I gotta go, but I love you very much. Tell dad I love him too. Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment